Our office is located in Hersham, Surrey. Initial training would take place in the office. Post-training (and once the current pandemic situation eases) the role would involve extensive travel across the UK in order to visit our partners’ sites.
As Qualco operates within the Financial Services Industry any employment offer is subject not only to the usual legal checks (Right to Work and Proof of Address) but also a clear DBS, adverse financial Employee Credit Check, Employee Electoral Role check plus references from previous employers over the last 10 years (where available).
Summary of position
The Compliance Officer will undertake suitability assessments of all suppliers and partners; working with our panel of Debt Collection Agencies to ensure compliance, identify risk and process improvement; developing and implementing control systems and processes across the business.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance the candidate will be required to:
- Conduct Debt Collection Agency (DCA) & Debt Resolution (DS) audits to ensure our partners are complying with regulations, policies and best practice standards
- Manage risk mitigation
- Conduct root-cause analysis of any non-conformance
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and help to define best practice
- Identify failings in systems and processes and work to improve these areas to drive performance
- Support Business Development projects
- Assist with maintenance of ISO27001 and 14001 standards
- Support implementation, accreditation and maintenance of ISO9001 standard
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organised and meticulous. They will have the ability to foster excellent relationships with stake holders plus:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent experience in financial services
- Excellent Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Office toolset including Visio
The following knowledge would be beneficial:
- Regulatory knowledge of the Collections & Recoveries Industry
- Knowledge of FCA regulation and processes relating to OFGEM, OFWAT and ICO
- Understanding of Data Protection legislation and requirements of standard ISO9001, ISO27001, and ISO4001