As Qualco operates within the Financial Services Industry any employment offer is subject not only to the usual legal checks (Right to Work and Proof of Address) but also a clear DBS, adverse financial Employee Credit Check, Employee Electoral Role check plus references from previous employers over the last 10 years (where available).
Summary of position
The role will suit a talented individual, in our development team, based in the UK. The team is part of a small but rapidly expanding, energetic and ambitious Technology company; working within the Collections & Recoveries sector of the Financial Services Industry. Our clients range from Utilities and Telecoms companies, Banks and Lending companies and our aim is to use our expertise to empower our clients with innovative technology thereby improving their recoveries.
The Senior Developer will lead projects on the development of a global Asset Management System that provides rich interface and functionalities for our customers. They will have the opportunity of exposure to different Microsoft and Web technologies ranging from databases to windows and web applications.
Reporting to the Head of Development the candidate will be required to:
- Review and improve performance/security/usability of applications and databases
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Write testable, scalable and efficient code and lead code reviews
- Mentor junior team members and ensure they adhere to determined software quality standards
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in full software life cycle. They must have led development teams before, be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organisation with an expanding customer base.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Architecture design of application and database
- Cloud Application Development
- SQL database development skills
- Excellent knowledge of programming and security best practices
- Good understanding of APIs, IIS and Web Applications
- Ability to use GitHub, TFS, Visual Studio
- Ability to produce software documentation
- Excellent support and troubleshooting experience
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office Products
- And be an excellent communicator in English (Written and Verbal)