As Qualco operates within the Financial Services Industry any employment offer is subject not only to the usual legal checks (Right to Work and Proof of Address) but also a clear DBS, and adverse financial credit check plus references from the two most recent employers.
Summary of position
The role will suit a talented individual, working in our development team, based in the UK. The team is part of a rapidly expanding, energetic and ambitious Technology company; working within the Collections & Recoveries sector of the Financial Services Industry. Our clients range from Banks, Utilities, Telecoms and Lending companies and our aim is to use our expertise to empower our clients with innovative technology thereby improving their recoveries.
The Application Engineer will be focused on development of the in-house global Asset Management System that provides rich interface and functionalities for our customers. They will have the opportunity of exposure to different application and web technologies; ranging from web and APIs to databases and cloud technologies.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer the candidate to will be required to:
- Develop and support both in-house and external applications
- Participate at all levels of development cycle
- Be involved in testing of products
- Proactively recognise and resolve issues
- Code whilst conforming to generally accepted Best Practices
- Work in an Agile environment
- Work with stake holders at different stages of the development cycle
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in full software life cycle. They would be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organisation with an expanding client base. The candidate must be organised and analytical, adept at working in teams. They will be an excellent communicator in English (written and verbal) and friendly and professional when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced SQL database development skills
- Excellent knowledge of programming and security best practices
- Good understanding of Cloud applications development, specifically MS Azure
- Good understanding of APIs and Web Applications
- Ability to use GitHub, VS Code, Visual Studio and an understanding of source control
- Ability to produce software documentation
- Excellent support and troubleshooting experience
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office Products
- Excellent communication skills
The following knowledge would be beneficial:
- Power BI Development
- Mobile app development
- Knowledge of the Collections & Recoveries Industry
- Understanding of Data Protection legislation and requirements of standard ISO27001 and ISO9001, SOC