Your data is important to you. Qualco UK Ltd values your privacy and we want to be clear about the data we collect, how we use it and your rights to control that information. We respect your personal data. We have never and will never sell it to third parties.
At Qualco UK we collect different types of information for the following reasons:
- To fulfil contracted services.
- To provide panel and asset management services on behalf of our clients.
- To provide a collections technology platform to companies seeking to optimise their customer accounts
- To keep our clients up-to-date with the products and services we offer.
- Where we have an appropriate legal basis for processing, to market products and services to them.
- To maintain records of our current and past employees
- Relevant Legislation
Along with our business and software systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
We collect information on you:
- when you contact us for information
- when you work with us in a commercial capacity
- when you sign up for a newsletter
- through cookies on our website
- when you download content from our website
- when you register an interest in one of our events
We may also receive information about you from third parties we work closely with (including, for example, business partners, service providers and credit reference agencies.
What legal bases do we use for processing your data?
We use different legal bases depending upon the purpose for collecting your data in the first instance.
- For all data collected to sign up for a product and service such as a newsletter we process the data using Legitimate Interest, i.e. you are able to access an extensive range of information in exchange for supplying your information, and we have a relationship where the balance of benefit is in your favour.
You always have a choice in the management of your data in this manner and can opt out of processing under this basis at any time.
- Where you provide data in the course of a contractual agreement we process your data under Contract, i.e. your data is necessary for the fulfilment of the service.
Any additional contact, i.e. telling you about another product or service closely related to the product or service you have contracted is managed under legitimate interest.
- Any secondary processing of your data, i.e. transfer to third countries, is managed under Consent.
- Where data is provided to us by third parties, it is processed using Legitimate Interest
Under the terms of currently Applicable Laws, we will always make it as easy as possible for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the service you have requested.
- Using our website
We collect information on you when you visit our website. This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit our page on Cookies
- Site visitation tracking
Like many websites, this site uses Google Analytics to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this.
We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website. Alternatively, you can opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our site by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Contact forms and email links
We currently collect data when users:
- submit a contact us form;
- subscribe to the newsletter; or
- register their interest in Qualco Live or other Qualco events
We use third party Data Processors to host the data capture forms that support items 1-3 above. The protection of your privacy and personal information is important to us. We make sure that not only do we have appropriate security measures in place, but that any other organisation we work with to provide a service also meets the same standard as us.
- Job Applicants, current and former employees
Qualco UK is the data controller for the information you provide during the process unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where we process and store your personal information
The information that we collect will not be transferred to, and stored in, a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
We take the security of your data very seriously. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
- Who we share data with
We do not sell or share your data at any time for marketing purposes.
Information collected on behalf of client organisations is governed by their own privacy policies.
We can access and release personal information to keep to relevant laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both us and our users.
Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the EEA, in this instance any data transfer will only occur by one of the three legal instruments determined by the EDPB.
We do not intentionally collect information regarding persons under the age of 18.
- Access and Updating
Under current data privacy legislation, you have the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data without undue delay. You may also request access to the data we hold on you.
To do this or to update your personal information at any time please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
Qualco UK Ltd
Hersham Place Technology Park
Or alternatively we can be can be contacted via email on:
Requests will be dealt with by the Data Protection Officer, and will be responded to within a reasonable period, not longer than 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – details of which are given below:
Information Commissioners Office
Telephone: +44 303 123 1113
- How long do we hold onto your data?
We collect data for a wide range of purposes; we do not have a singularly defined retention period. For each product and service we define a carefully assessed timeframe within which we store your data.
After this, data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system, minimised and retained for legal reasons or pseudonymised.
We will not explicitly inform our clients or website users of these changes. Instead we recommend that you check this page occasionally for any policy changes.
Your continued use of our website after posting will constitute your acceptance of, and agreement to, any changes.
This privacy notice was last updated 22 May 2018